Saturday, 3 January 2015

Rugs and Wallpaper

New purchases to decorate my hotel with! I bought the wallpaper a couple of weeks ago when I was staying in the country and discovered a shop selling all kinds of dolls house accessories. I couldn't resist the floral wallpaper and the cute children's room print! I plan on having one of the main rooms (the large ones in the middle) covered in the blue floral, the green floral and children's print will go in one of the rooms in the wings.

The rugs I bought on eBay and I'm so happy with them! Most dolls house rugs on eBay are Persian rugs, which I do like, but I prefer a floral design like these. They're not available from the seller I bought them from anymore, but it looks like other people are selling them as well (search for 'floral rug' under Doll's Miniatures and Houses). They're colourful, very nice quality and not too thick (which is important I think, I don't want the furniture wobbling around).

8 comments :

  1. Great purchases! They'll go perfectly with the Grand Hotel :)
    By the way, do your Persian and Beaman Cat Families live in the Hotel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've just put away all my accessories because it was taking up too much space in the flat, but I've left the empty hotel out so I can start wallpapering soon. And the families don't get packed away either, I'd feel guilty :)

    I haven't quite made up my mind yet about the hotel. It's either going to be a) the hotel is the grand palace of the royal family Persis, who rule over Hazelnut Hollow and other families are either servants or loyal subjects or b) the Persis family owns the hotel and other families are just guests. I'm leaning toward the royal family idea at the moment! I will probably decide once I feel I have enough material to start doing stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! That is a good plan :)
      This is really interesting! I like the royal family idea, perhaps your other families could be either extended royal family (in the case of the Beaman cats maybe) and other nobles or courtiers :)

      Delete
    2. Oh yes that's a great idea, I hadn't thought of that! :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you! That way, they can live in the castle/hotel :)

      Delete
  3. p.s. I've added your website to the 'Friends' links ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those rugs, I especially like that they are floral patterned. And the wallpaper is so nice as well, I always look at dollhouse wallpaper but usually go for scrapbook paper instead. But I love the tiny scaled down prints on yours! ;D
    I love the royal family idea, it's so different from what most people do around here, I think you should go for it. It would make for some wonderful stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Scrap paper, that's a great idea! I hadn't thought of that :)

      Delete